Sketches and other fun stuff

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Restoration and Rejuvenation






Over committed and double booked seemed to be a revolving theme of my life the past couple months. But I managed to say NO to someone finally, and take off a week early to get a week in the Adirondacks in before the summer begins to get some of my own hiking in. I ended up finding two sherpa friends to join me for the week and one of my climbing friends that had never been on a real backpacking trip before.


A goal for me was to be restored and rejuvenated by this trip - to give me time to process the past year, and prepare myself for my summer. It was such a blessing to have time with great friends that understand and know me very well and always inspire me, and also having time returning to the wilderness of the ADK's that I have loved for so long.


It is sometimes hard to put into words how this place always seems to center me back to the person that I really want to be and inspires me pursue with an even greater passion the things that I love. Somewhere between the vegetation and plant life at a different stage than I'm used to seeing, the mountain trails with no participants complaining, the depth and variety of conversations with the sherpas, the opportunity of getting to decide that morning what we felt like doing that day, the feeling of using your legs after what seems like and eternity, the burn of being out of breath trying to keep up with marathon running sherpas, the nights where the stars looked like sparkling rain coming down on us, the peaceful moments where I heard God whispering, the energetic birds singing their songs and Whitney and I trying to ID them all, the peace of watching the rain\ from your lean-to, the smell s of the Adirondacks bring back memories of trips and good friends and how much I have grown and changed since my first time of coming to the Adirondacks to work at La Vida; somewhere between all of these things I was restored and rejuvenated, and am feeling refilled and ready to pour myself out at La Vida this summer to my participants and staff members.


No comments:

Post a Comment