Sketches and other fun stuff

Friday, December 2, 2011

The Curse of being Creative.

Being a creative person comes with many perks. Your personal opinion somehow carries much more weight than it should at times. People take more seriously when you say your a designer or an artist, it really boggles my mind still when people ask my opinion solely on the fact that "I'm a designer and went to art school" On one of my trips this summer, one of my group leaders that I led into the wilderness for 12 days was a freelance Industrial designer - we got along great and had a lot of talks while hiking. As she was trying to encourage me about my internship that was to follow after the summer of leading trips, we talked about what qualities make a good designer. After these discussions during the summer, working for Equinox as an intern since Sept, and talking a lot with my awesome co-worker I've changed my views on what you really need to thrive as a creative person.

Initiative
and 
Curiosity 

The only problem with truly possessing these qualities is that there is never enough time in the day to quench these pesky personality traits. I have started to  try to come to terms with the fact that a lot of my To Do Lists scattered around the house will never fully be crossed out and completed because by the time I get around to them I will have had about 100 other ways thought up of how to use my time. But what about that satisfaction of crossing things off lists??? Its so disappointing to get so excited about an idea or a project and then never get around to it, its like getting your hopes up for nothing. But what kind of life would it be to not be inspired by awesome and interesting things and to not try to design some awesome things of your own?


So instead of working on all my sewing projects that I have been wanting to get to and intended to get to tonight, I ended up spending my time after work cooking. Life is what it is, you follow the wind when it blows.

spaghetti squash-  my latest obsession:)
stir-frying lots of tastey delicious vegetables with garlic salt and a spice called za'atar

put it all together with some chocolate almond milk and some tea out of
my favorite mugs and waa-la a delicious dinner

I havent been reading through this book that was left on the dinning room table by one of my family members, but I thought the headline was fitting for my mood today and my attitude going into this weekend. I hope that you are enjoying everyday of your life and not using it as a countdown to specific vacation or days off or. Are you enjoying every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment