Sketches and other fun stuff

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Even though it literally is my middle name, Joy is a choice


In an effort to choose a joyful mindset wherever God has led me, I'm taking advantage of the situations he presents to me and not comparing them to previous ones that I have been blessed with. So since there is no Red River Gorge to entertain me for months and months with great climbing only 3 hours away, I'm going to take advantage of the opportunities that Berwick PA presents to me.
 To say that I will step away from climbing for a while is a very big step for me because climbing is so meaningful and special to me, but I think its what I'm supposed to do right now. I will be attempting to get into running, cycling, horse back riding, and especially kayaking.
I have found a great friend that is as obsessed with kayaking as I am with climbing, and has all the gear for me to use. She also has a road bike that fits me. My neighbor owns a horse stall and is willing to let me work for my riding lessons. My wonderful old friend Climbing will anxiously be waiting for me when I move to the west coast, along with many many more new adventures for me to have.
One major thing that fueled this decision was a big trip offer. A 2 week trip to alaska - backpacking, kayaking, and pack rafting. But in order to this I need to budget myself and watch my money - which means cutting out a 60$ a month climbing gym membership fee. But I am very excited about these new adventures even though I will dearly miss climbing, I know it will not be a goodbye forever- just a cya lata:)




Today was kayaking with Tonya - we got some crazy looks from the fisherman around the lake especially since the lake had ice in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment