Sketches and other fun stuff

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pennsylvania: The state of independence

On my drive back from Boston two weeks ago I chuckled when I drove across the state line of PA. The sign  on the side of the road welcomed me and stated Pennsylvania as the "State of Independence" I thought that was quite fitting for me and my situation in PA. Living alone with my dog in a big house, working as a designer and prototyper for a backpacking company, and being very far away from the "college scene" that I was so immersed in last year. 

I wanted to show you guys photos of my new home, and I know I promised photos a while ago, so, without further adieu: 
The Berwick House

the long drive heading down to the house that reminds me everyday that I am on it of all the times my family came to visit my grandparents for the weekend and all the wonderful memories we have in this place

the driveway and front of the house

a part of the back yard

the back of the house


 As my studio, I took over the garage in the basement, this way on nice sunny days I can open up the door and sew in the sunshine. When I first moved in, I was able to sew while sunbathing in my bikini and I couldn't think of a better place to be learning how to sew. Molly has groundhogs and squirrels to chase after and spends times watching the birds, just as I do from my sewing chair n cutting table. Molly enjoys being able to be in the sunshine and fresh air just as much as I do while I'm working on creating fun stuff:)

I think I can handle this view:)



since i don't have internet, this book, loaned to me by my coworker
has been my sewing bible for the past month. I highly recommend it.





Supplies left by my grandmother

more supplies, I will probably never be able to use it all 

what my drive home from work mostly consists of



an after work routine that molly and I have gotten into: Fetch

she has gotten quite good at it

Molly the guard dog:)

Well I hope you have enjoyed getting a sneak peek at where I'm living. You can always come visit what I like to joke and call "The KB resort":)

No comments:

Post a Comment