Sketches and other fun stuff

Monday, November 21, 2011



I have taken a more permanent position at Equinox which I am very excited about. Equinox is a great company with a lot of potential and I am very excited to work for them, learn from them, and help them out with what I have to bring to the table. But for some reason taking the head design position makes me feel like I just shut the door on adventure and exploration and locked the key caging myself in central PA. I have been continuing to tell myself these past couple weeks what I have told myself before - that adventure is anywhere you make it, you don't need to be on the beaches of the west coast or in the mountains of the Adirondacks, or in the Red River Gorge of Kentucky. But when I read about or interact with traveling vagabonds, " restless transplants", climber bums, surf bums, or just adventure loving people it stokes that ever burning flame inside of me to pack the essentials in quiashia and just go. Nothing is permanent or forever and I know that my adventure wont stop at being a Sherpa for La Vida, or a Climber bum in the Red River Gorge, or a designer for Equinox, there is much more out there in this great big world and I will explore it but all in due time. So for now my adventure is designing at Equinox LTD in central Pennsylvania.

visit A Restless Transplant and see if you get as inspired as I did reading through it

Even though it is cliche to say - i think that it is true for my life
2 things I know i will do at some point in my life:  surf and bum on the west coast

1 comment:

  1. KB, your blog is awesome! And it sounds like Equinox really worked out for you, yay! I know what you mean by "caging yourself in," I definitely feel that way myself. But by being the position I am in now (starting my career), I think I am opening up a lot more possibilities in the future for adventuring. When you come bum on the West Coast, we should hang out! :D

    ReplyDelete