Sketches and other fun stuff

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day Bit


Now I'm not one to go crazy about valentines today, but this is the first valentines day I've spent without a valentine in a very long time. Its been a weird experience, but an empowering one I must say. I've spent the time thinking of how I can bless my friends and how much they bless me on a day to day basis. With a surprise bouquet of flowers, card, and candies from my amazing father (a big step up from the usual carnation that my two sisters and I usually get on valentines day), I've had a great day of being reminded of how much love and support I have from my family and female friends. As I am currently almost 3/4 the way through a year of a strict "No-Dating Policy " I seem to be conscious more and more of how much deeper and more meaningful family and female-friend relationships are to me. I found a nice inspiring little article about valentines day from another climber-blogger-girl: Sara Lingafelter who had a good experience with valentines day as a single as well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment